Ankle supports are a must-have for volleyball players these days since they provide the ultimate protection. Whether they are practicing or playing professional games, having ankle support is necessary for the player.
<span class =”hidden modification-date” style=”display:none” itemprop=”dateModified” content”2021-11-08″>November 8th, 2021</span>
People who engage in light games for recreational purposes do not need ankle support, but if you are a professional player, then you sure do.
- Our Best Volleyball Ankle Braces Recommendations
- 1. DonJoy Performance POD Ankle Brace
- 2. Ultra Ankle High-5 Ankle Brace
- 3. Zamst A2-DX Strong Ankle Brace
- 4. Ultra Zoom Ankle Brace for Injury Prevention
- 5. Active Ankle Volt
- 6. Nikken Medium Ankle Sleeve 1821
- 7. Active Ankle AS1 Pro Lace Up Ankle Brace
- 8. Active Ankle T2 Ankle Brace
- 9. Orthomen Ankle Brace
- 10. Zensah Ankle Support – Compression Ankle Brace
- Final Verdict On The Best Ankle Brace For Volleyball
It is necessary that you maintain the safety and limit the ways that you could get hurt during the game. If you are confused about investing in the best volleyball ankle braces, then we have mentioned certain recommendations in the guide below.
Our Best Volleyball Ankle Braces Recommendations
1. DonJoy Performance POD Ankle Brace
DonJoy Performance POD Ankle Brace is made from ‘on-demand’ technology, which goes into action when you need to protect your ankles from any injury. With this ankle brace, you will suffer minimum injuries since the material is tight and fits snugly to your feet.
If this is your first time using an ankle brace, then it may take some time for you to get used to it. However, the material for the ankle brace is very fine, and your feet would feel very lightweight. When you wear shoes on top of it, there will be no bulky feeling as with most ankle braces.
There are different braces made individually for the right and the left foot. The under layer lining is made from soft EVA, which cups the ankle and the foot while providing good coverage. Your ankle movements will not be restricted due to this brace.
If you have any ailments in your ankle, the DonJoy Performance POD Ankle Brace can be worn as a treatment measure as well. Available at affordable prices, this ankle brace is perfect for use in various sports events.
- The design is lightweight
- TPU shell which contours the shoes and the foot
- Reduces bulk
- May be uncomfortable and irritate your foot
2. Ultra Ankle High-5 Ankle Brace
The Ultra Ankle High-5 ankle brace is the perfect choice for people who are looking for an ankle brace to get relief from joint pains and ankle instability. Made from a lightweight material, this ankle brace provides good rigidity. The movement will be controlled while wearing this brace, but there will also be a good range for motion.
The brace is perfectly suitable for players who are quite susceptible to ankle injuries. There is an adjustable strap that lets you tighten or loosen the brace according to your comfort. The 3D padding of this brace is surrounded by a shell that is semi-rigid.
Equipped with contours, this ankle brace is highly recommended for professional volleyball players. There are also different shapes of this ankle brace available in the market. In your search for the top volleyball ankle braces, the Ultra Ankle High-5 ankle brace is a very top contender.
It can be easily worn with different kinds of shoes (both women’s shoes and men’s shoes) and has a perfect fit. The Ultra Ankle High-5 ankle brace provides normal pressure, which will not make you uncomfortable.
- Secure framework
- Suitable for most kinds of shoes
- Provides easy control due to normal pressure
- Great support
- Does not provide relief from the weight
- Not suitable for wounded ankles
3. Zamst A2-DX Strong Ankle Brace
Zamst is one of the widely known manufacturers of medical devices. The Zamst A2-DX Strong ankle brace is a strong product developed by the company, not only for professional volleyball players but also for people with ankle injuries. With exceptional support and a good fit, the brace will allow controlled movement in your ankles.
Players do not have to worry about ankle instability or injuries while wearing this ankle brace. The Grip Tech system used by Zamst in the lining of the brace prevents any movement of the brace once it has been strapped to your feet.
The friction is reduced due to this, and you will not have to readjust your brace continuously during your game. The design of the Zamst A2-DX Strong ankle brace can be customized to suit the needs of the player. The X-shaped straps secure the brace to your feet and keep them comfortable.
- No need for extra stabilizers to prevent movement in the ankle
- High security due to the X-shaped pattern of the strap
- Prevents sprain in the upper ankle
- Suitable for professional players
- Exceptional fit
- Great durability
- Highly customizable
- Good security
- The brace may be bulky and uncomfortable for some
- Can be rigid
4. Ultra Zoom Ankle Brace for Injury Prevention
The Ultra Zoom ankle brace for injury protection is quite similar to the Zamst A2-DX Strong ankle brace. Featuring the same high level of durability and support, the Ultra Zoom ankle brace is great for injury prevention and protection.
The ankle brace is made from Perfomathane shell, which is also known as thermoplastic elastomer material. This material is quite soft and has great durability. You can use it for many seasons without facing any wear and tear. Compared to other braces that are made from plastic, this brace would last for a long time.
The Perfomathane material also uses the body heat to fit the ankle brace snugly to your feet. Due to this, the brace would not move from its position and would feel like a second skin. Though it might take some time for you to be comfortable wearing the brace, once it does, it will feel like the brace was specifically designed for your ankle.
The best thing about this ankle brace is that it can be worn quickly without much effort.
- Prevention of any harmful movements due to the hinged cuffs
- Ultimate security
- Equipped with soft Perfomathane shell
- Quite easy to wear
- High durability
- Can be bulky for certain shoes
5. Active Ankle Volt
The Active Ankle Volt is ambidextrous, which means that it can fit either of the foot easily. It is suitable for both men and women. To make sure that the brace fits properly, you need to check the size while buying. This lightweight ankle brace provides you with the utmost protection and ensures that you do not suffer any injury.
Constructed from polypropylene, the material provides resistance to sweat, chemical spill, and also liquid spill. The material is also hard, which means that it will easily not tear even if used roughly and for a long duration.
There are bearings in the brace so that the bottom straps can move along with the heel cup and prevent pinching or constriction. You will be able to carry on with your natural movements without feeling any restriction.
- The heel cup is connected to the side straps with the help of bearings made from molded plastic
- Provides good flexibility and great support
- The motion of the ankle is made easier due to the new design of the hinge
- Does not cause fatigue in the ankles due to its lightweight structure
- The heel cup of the brace may not be extremely comfortable
6. Nikken Medium Ankle Sleeve 1821
The Nikken medium ankle is a product of KenkoTherm, which is based in the United States and is a producer of different kinds of medical devices. The ankle sleeve of this company is one of the most sought-after products. A new entrant into the volleyball ankle brace category, this ankle sleeve is highly recommended for volleyball players.
It is also suitable for people who are prone to injuries or pain in their heels or ankle joints. Made from high-quality polyurethane, polyester fiber, acrylic, and cotton fiber, this ankle sleeve provides great comfort to your feet. The support provided by the ankle brace is exceptional, and you can use it for professional games as well as for heavy training.
There are different sizes for both men and women. It is very easy to wear along with your standard shoes for volleyball. The material used will stretch if needed and also fit snugly to your feet. There will be no instability in your ankles during movement.
- Orthopedic design
- Suitable for sports activities
- Provides good flexibility
- The fit for the brace is great and will allow controlled movements
- The material is of high-quality
- Needs extra attention and care to sustain for a long time
7. Active Ankle AS1 Pro Lace Up Ankle Brace
The Active Ankle AS1 Pro Lace-Up ankle brace is one of the most comfortable braces of this brand. Providing snug compression and excellent injury protection, this brace is suitable for swelled and injured ankles. Professional volleyball players can wear the ankle brace for a long duration without experiencing any soreness in their feet.
The laces are designed in such a way that the compression is targeted around the ankles. It will be able to keep the ankle in position without creating discomfort or the straps biting into the skin. The heel-lock provides relief to players who might have injured their ankles with the help of a tape.
There is the use of latex in the material of the brace, which may not be suitable for all players. If you do not have sensitive skin, then this brace will work perfectly for you. The consistent fit of the brace will help you during games since you do not have to adjust your brace often.
- The straps of the brace lock the heel easily and prevent unnecessary movements
- There is an extra strap that goes around the ankle for added security
- Easy to wear
- Quite comfortable
- Contains latex, which may be sensitive to the skin of some people
8. Active Ankle T2 Ankle Brace
The Active Ankle T2 brace is an advanced protection device that provides full coverage to the entire ankle, ankle bones, shin, and the hind heel. It is a three-piece structure that provides enough space for foot and leg movement. The important areas of the ankle, such as the frontal plane, side bones, and muscles, are protected by the brace. It also prevents shocks and vibrations due to any heavy landing.
The side sleeves of the brace are soft and cushioned, which keeps your feet comfortable. Equipped with an under heel protector, the brace can provide maximum support and strength during ground impact, vertical landing, and spike landing. You can easily wear it with your standard model of volleyball shoes.
- Designed specifically for volleyball players
- Allow comfortable movements
- Suitable for most shoes
- Easy to wear
- EVA padding is custom molded
- Perfect fit
- Well balanced as well as tough
- Exceptional comfort
- Stabilization is good
- Provides flexibility
- Protection from vibration and shock
- Protects injury from stress and dynamic load
- Issues with quality control which can compromise the durability
- The ribbon arrangement is poor
- Can be slightly oversized, which needs to be adjusted
- Upper bones and muscles of the feet are left unprotected
9. Orthomen Ankle Brace
The Orthomen ankle brace is a highly recommended device in the volleyball ankle braces category. The material of the brace is said to be hypoallergenic, which means that it will most likely not cause any allergic reaction to your skin. If you have sensitive skin, then you may need to consult a professional or check out the material construction of the brace.
Made from quality materials, the brace provides great arch support to your ankles. The ankle joint will not feel any eversion or inversion due to the presence of the hinge contour. There are eight straps in the ankle brace, which is perfect for volleyball players. You can easily adjust the size of the brace, depending on whether your feet are swollen or not.
The design of the brace is quite sleek, and you can easily wear it with your volleyball shoes. The lightweight brace will not make your feet bulky, and you can easily move around and jump without any restriction. These braces are specially designed for each foot and will provide the ultimate stabilization to your ankles.
- Good arch support
- Easily adjustable
- Quality materials
- Rigid stabilization
- The size guide is not accurate
10. Zensah Ankle Support – Compression Ankle Brace
The Zensah high-quality ankle compression braces work wonders for any injury or pain in your ankle. Perfect for sports activities, this ankle brace can be worn during professional games, which can get rough. You need not worry about instability in your ankles since the fit of the brace is perfect.
If you experience any pain, stiffness, or pressure in your ankles and feet, then this ankle brace can get rid of it. Suitable to wear volleyball shoes, you will not feel any discomfort or irritation.
The ankle braces let your feet breathe and also prevents sweat. They are water-resistant, so you can easily wear them while playing games in the rainy season.
- The material of the brace is high-quality Spandex and Nylon
- The brace is breathable, which means that oxygen will pass freely
- Feet and ankle will get relief from pain
- Perfect for volleyball players
- Can heal swelling and sprains in the ankle
- Prevents injury during games
- Allow movements of a wide range even on tough terrains
- Lightweight as well as soft
- Water-resistant which can be worn even in the rainy season
- Arch pain can be avoided
- Affected areas of the ankle will get proper blood circulation
Final Verdict On The Best Ankle Brace For Volleyball
When you are playing volleyball, you need to be careful about your knees and ankles. The only way that you can have an extended career in volleyball is by taking care of your physique. These high-quality ankle braces are one of the most important gears that you need to have.
The team at Volleyball Gear Guide have made your choice easier by recommending some of the top volleyball ankle braces which are in high demand. These braces are made from premium-quality material and provide the ultimate support to your joints and ankles.
Choose the best volleyball ankle brace for yourself and keep your ankles protected during the game!